Family History of John T Gillespie “Doc” & Martha Jane Pryor by Dorothy S Jones
Family History of Alma Pauline Gillespie & Lakin Nathaniel Hole m 1940 Iowa by Leslie Hole
Hibernian Officers, Iowa, Polk Co 1909 – J F Gillespie, Vice President, Des Moines.
Continued below map….
1858 Census – Quincy, Adams County, Iowa
- John C Gillespie, 26, 5 Ohio merchant
- Lydia J Gillespie, 21, 10 Indiana
1856 Taylor Twp, Benton County
- Charles Gillespie, 42, birth Pennsylvania
- Maria L Gillespie, 40, birth Pennslyvania
- Mary E Gillespie, 18 birth Ohio
- Stewart Gillespie, 15, birth Ohio
- Bennell S Gillespie, 12, birth Ohio
- Sarah E Gillespie, 7, birth Ohio
- Harriet L Gillespie, 4, birth Ohio
- Margaret T Gillespie, 1, birth Iowa
Note: Stewart Gillespie 5th Infantry became a soldier Civil War July 15, 1861. Killed at Champion Hills on May 16, 1863.
1870 Census Benton County
- Sarah Gillespie, 57, keeping house, birth IRELAND, Value $2,500
- Robert J Gillespie 27, born Pennsylvania, farmer
- Matthew Gillespie, 25, farmer, born Pennsylvania
- Zacharius, 21, born Ohio, farmer
- Emeline Gillespie 19, born Ohio, keeping house
- Joseph Gillespie 16, born Virginia, at home
- Nancy J Gillespie, 9, born Virginia, at home
Andrew Gillespie & wife Margaret Seath from Scotland to Appanoose County, Iowa
Jackson Co, Iowa: Anthony Gillespie, farmer, b 1812 Ireland came to America in 1837 and stayed about four years in Pennsylvania, Arrived in Iowa about 1859 and obtained 200 acres. Wife Ann Perryman born Ireland 1834, came to America in 1844 . Four living children: Myra, John, Sylvia, Etta, one deceased Ann. ”
Declaration of Intent Duburque County –Anthony Gillespie, 24, at declaration Jan 1856, arrived in the USA Jan 1852
George W C Gillespie from Alabama (father born TN) came to Grinnell, Iowa. s/o George W C Gillespie & Virtue (Turner) Gillespie – Audubon County
Mary Gillespie & Euphraim Lyon Blaine -Council Bluffs, Iowa – linked to Daughters of American Revolution.
Robert J Gillespie to Vinton, Benton Co, Iowa 1866