Click on the following green links to find records
Earliest Gillespie records are for marriages: 1707,
Early Settlers to New York:
- 1739 Arrival of Neil Gillespie, Mary McIllfeder his wife and children, Gilbert and Angus. Scottish Highlanders led by Captain Lauchlin Campbell of Isla, who for several years in row led settlers to NY for land grants in the New World.
- Mathew Gilespie and Jane Neily, married Dec 6, 1769.(Presbyterian Church at Good Will, Orange Co, NY)
- Baptism of John Gillespie, son of Matthew, b Nov 7, 1770 Presbyterian Church at Good Will, Orange Co, NY.
- John Gillaspy and Sarah McCreary, married Aug 8, 1779 (Presbyterian Church at Good Will, Orange Co, NY)
- 1790 Marriage of Barbara Gillespy and John Neely, April 21st Presbyterian Church of Good Will, Orange Co, NY
- 1804, May 24th Marriage of George Gillespie and Elizabeth Sherwood, Ballstown First Presbyterian Church, Albany, Albany Co, NY
- 1809 May 10 Baptism of David Milliken, s/o Charles Gillespy and Hannah.
- Scottish Immigrant Jane Gillespie, born Jan 12, 1833 from Newton Stewart, Wigtonshire, Scotland Settled in St Lawrence County, New York before 1854. m Joseph, son of Peter Eakins and Elizabeth Alexander. Son Joseph Samuel.
1840 Brooklyn, New York City Directory:
- Charles Gillespie, laborer, Plymouth n Pearl
- Daniel Gillespie, lighterman, Doughty n Everett
- Martin Gillespie, furrier, Graham n Myrtle
Family History of Jonathan Crawford Gillespie 1862-1940 from Pine Bush, Orange Co, New York to Fresno, California – s/o Leander Crawford Gillespie & Margaret Winifred – by James Gillespie
Family History of Elizabeth Gillespie & Adam Conde m 1832 Schenectady Co. NY by Jim Spencer